The Oregon Latino Health Coalition is seeking 1-3 Health Equity Fellowship Interns that will help advance the organization’s work in statewide health policy, organizing and advocacy. Interns will join OLHC’s growing and dynamic field staff, and will help OLHC increase its capacity to engage and advance its legislative priorities while building their own skills as advocates. The Health Equity Fellows will learn how our state’s public policy is developed, improve their communication skills, and develop as community organizers with an eye toward legislative organizing. The internship will provide a whole cycle of learning, particularly in the areas of grassroots organizing and public policy advocacy.
Fellows will work closely with the Director of Health Policy and Government Relations. They will gain hands-on experience in direct legislative advocacy, community organizing, research and campaign messaging development.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Research and Civic Participation and Building Political Power
- Research public policy, health costs, and health disparities.
- Develop detailed reports on research
- Help staff organize trainings for key constituency
- Engaging diverse communities to the engage in policy formation and stakeholder groups.
- Maintain appropriate communications about program activities with staff, board and other key partners
- Assure appropriate documentation from the field is filed or archived for future reference
- Be available to represent the Coalition at appropriate conferences, events, and meetings that advance the organization’s profile and interests
Internal Organizational Support
- Participate in staff meetings and support functions to maintain a productive work environment
- Provide support to the Coalition’s programs and staff including the Executive Director
- Other duties as assigned
To apply: Please include a resume and cover letter electronically to Linda Roman Director of Health Policy and Government Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org. Or drop off a physical copy at our office at 240 North Broadway Suite 115. For any questions, please call (503) 523-7230. Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis.